Monday, November 24, 2008

Finn meets Kima....our new dog!



As many of you know, we weren't able to bring our dog, Yana, with us to Africa. However, she is living quite the life with my aunt Margaret and Uncle Barry. We are forever grateful that they offered to keep her while we are away.

We didn't plan on getting a dog here. However, knowing how difficult / stressful / emotional it was leaving Yana behind, I couldn't say no to our friend. Iris and her family have been here for 3 years already. She has a two year old with #2 on the way. She also has 3 dogs, Kima being one of them. Needless to say, with a new baby about to arrive, she needed to find a new home for one of her dogs. So....here we are! I must say, I really wasn't thrilled by the idea. But now that we've had Kima for a few weeks, I am very pleased (Ian and Finn were ecstatic on day 1!). She is super sweet, mellow and extremely friendly with children.

No comments: